Home > Data protection
Data protection statement
Name and contact details of the controller:
MAGNIFIN Magnesiaprodukte GmbH & Co KG
A-8614 Breitenau am Hochlantsch
Collection and saving of personal data and the manner and purpose of its use
By accessing our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to our website’s server. This information is saved temporarily in a log file. The following information is collected without your involvement and saved until its automatic deletion:
- The IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the accessed file,
- Website from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system on your computer and the name of your access provider.
We process the stated data for the following purposes:
- Guaranteeing smooth connection establishment on the website,
- Guaranteeing convenient use of our website,
- Evaluating system security and stability, and
- For other administrative purposes.
When using our contact form
In the event of questions of any kind, we offer you the possibility of getting in contact with us via a form provided on the website. It is necessary to state a valid e-mail address for this so that we know from whom the enquiry comes and in order to respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. Data processing for the purposes of establishing contact with us takes place in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR on the basis of the consent you grant voluntarily. The personal data collected by us via the use of the contact form is automatically deleted once your enquiry has been answered.
Sharing of data
Your personal data is not shared with third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have granted your consent to this in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR,
- The sharing in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR is required to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest that requires protection with regard to the non-transfer of your data,
- In the event that a legal obligation exists for the sharing in accordance with Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR, and
- This is legally permitted and required for the performance of a contract with you in accordance with Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR.
These cookies enable us to automatically identify that you have already visited us the next time you visit our website. These cookies are automatically deleted after a defined time. The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes to maintain our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are saved on your computer or a notification is always displayed before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies can, however, mean that you are unable to use all of the functions of our website.
Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to information about your personal data that we process. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipient to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint, information on the source of the data where it has not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain without undue delay the rectification of your inaccurate or incomplete personal data saved by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of your personal data saved by us without undue delay where the processing is not required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, and we no longer need the personal data but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw the consent you have granted at any time. This will result in us no longer being able to continue data processing in the future based on this consent and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In general, you can do this by contacting the supervisory authority in your habitual residence, place of work or at our company headquarters.
Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or where the objection is against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which is implemented by us without stating a particular situation. If you would like to exercise your right to withdraw or object, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the respective highest encryption level supported by your browser. This is generally 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we instead use 128-bit v3 technology. You can identify whether an individual page of our website is transferred encrypted by the displaying of a closed key or lock image in the lower status bar of your browser. We otherwise employ suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction, and against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly improved in line with technological advancements.
Validity and changes to this data protection statement
This data protection statement is currently valid and dates from May 2018. It may be necessary to amend this data protection statement due to the further development of our website and services by means of or based on amended statutory or official requirements. You can access and print the latest data protection statement at any time at: